Dark Chocolate Beetroot Fudge Cake
Are you looking for a way you can have your cake and eat it too? Stop the search, because this dark chocolate beetroot fudge cake recipe is just what you’ve been looking for! This delicious and nutritious twist on a decadent dessert is the perfect way for you to [sweet]treat’yoself… especially with Valentine’s Day just around the corner. So whether you’re coupled up, or celebrating solo, this nourishing dessert will make your heart skip a beet…
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup light olive oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 200g chopped dark chocolate (aim for 70% cocoa or grater)
- ¼ cup apple puree
- 2 medium sized beetroots, peeled and grated
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 160C. Lightly grease a cake tin with olive oil, or line with baking paper
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place in the microwave. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, the stop and stir. Repeat this process (30 seconds heat then stir) until chocolate has melted.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, vanilla and maple syrup together, then add the melted chocolate, apple puree, beetroot, almond meal, cocoa and walnuts.
- Transfer batter to prepared cake tin, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set.