Pear and Walnut Tart
230g wholemeal spelt flour
1/2 cup granulated Stevia blend (plus 2 tsp extra)
3 tsp ground cinnamon
60g walnuts, chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup olive oil
2/3 cup reduced-fat Greek yoghurt (additional for serving)
2 Buerre Bosc pears
- Preheat oven to 190°C and lightly grease a removable-bottom quiche dish.
- Combine flour, Stevia, baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon and walnuts in a bowl.
- Blend vanilla, oil and yoghurt, add to dry mixture and combine to form a dough.
- Press dough into prepared dish. Loosely cover with cling wrap and, using a small glass, press out the pastry evenly over the base and sides.
- Cut pears in half, thinly slice from top to bottom. Arrange the large pieces overlapping around the outer edge of pie base and the smaller ones in the centre.
- Sprinkle over 2 tsp of Stevie, dust with 1 tsp cinnamon and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Dust with remaining cinnamon and serve with yoghurt.
Energy: 933kj Carbs: 24.8g Fibre: 6.5g Sat Fat: 1.5g Sugar: 4.9g Protein: 4g Fat: 10.7g